Everyone has needs in a relationship. For some, that’s security. For others, it’s romance. For someone who has gone on a journey of personal discovery through spirituality, it’s all of those things and more.
- Define what spiritualism means to you.
Spiritualism is different for everyone. Whether that means having the same religion or someone who is conscious, it is important to define what it means for you.
The definition of spiritualism, according to dictionary.com, is:
- The belief or doctrine that the spirits of the dead, surviving after the mortal life, can and do communicate with the living, especially through a person (a medium) particularly susceptible to their influence.
- The practices or phenomena associated with this belief.
- The belief that all reality is spiritual.
- Any of various doctrines maintaining that the ultimate reality is spirit or mind, spiritual quality or tendency.
- E) Insistence on the spiritual side of things, as in philosophy or religion.
Everyone has their own idea of what it means to be spiritual, so it is important to know what that is for you. Knowing this makes it much more likely that you’ll be able to evaluate if someone else meets your criteria of what it means to be spiritual.
- Think about where you can find people who share your brand of spiritualism.
If you are a devout Christian, it doesn’t make sense to look for people through hook-up apps like Tinder. If you are looking for someone who believes in the spirit world and how it affects our daily lives, go on spiritual retreats or other spiritual events. Moreover, check out dating sites where people with your brand of spiritualism would go.
- Listen to the people you meet!
When you are meeting people, they often let you know who they are just by the type of language they use. If they believe in God, phrases like “thank the heavens,” or “God bless” might be used by them. If they are conscious they’ll talk about things like “personal growth,” or their “journey” and “self-reflection”.
If you talk about your spiritualism and they seem uninterested or are outwardly disrespectful of your beliefs, then maybe they aren’t a good fit for you. It doesn’t mean that person isn’t a good person. It just means that you are at a different stage in your life and that is okay.
When you are on a spiritual path, it is hard to be with someone who isn’t on the same wavelength as you. It is okay to strive to have an extraordinary relationship that satisfies you at a spiritual level. In this world, it feels like it has become more difficult to find people that have the same outlook on life as you, but that’s the beauty of online dating. At sites like GoMarry.com, you can find people from all walks of life and get to know people that are looking for a serious partner. The ways and means to find what you are looking for are there. You just have to take the plunge!