If either of you have children already whether biological or otherwise. You need to get each others opinion and thoughts about the situation.
Raising a child who’s not your own flesh and blood can be a challenge and it is of utmost importance that you discuss this in great detail.
Points to discuss:
- How do the children feel about this relationship?
- Will your partner treat them as their own?
- Will your partner be able to create a bond?
- If both of you have children, can they get along?
- What are the logistics of these children, remember they need to be housed, fed, clothed, educated etc
- Should only birth parents be in charge of making decisions for their own children?
- What authority do step-parents have over your children?