It may seem uncomfortable to discuss now and you may want to revisit this question later. But when you’re in a marriage this is very important and can have implications you may not be prepared for.
Discuss the following:
- Would we be practising birth control?
- If so, for how long?
- Who will be responsible for birth control?
- What would we do if there were an unplanned pregnancy?
- Would you ever consider getting a vasectomy or hysterectomy?
- What will be the method of birth control?
What is one won’t practice birth control, for religious or medical reasons? What if your partner won’t be intimate with you unless there is a form of birth control in place, but you refuse any type of birth control. Can you deal with this?