I am a firm believer that gender is no barrier to any achievement that we set our mind to. But above that, I believe that we as humans are more content when we conform to gender stereotypes ie. our innate nature.
A gender conforming woman is one that is behaving and appearing in ways that are considered feminine. Similarly, for a gender conforming man, his being macho, rough and in control of his emotions.
Some might call it controversial, I don’t care. All I want you to do is seek out each others opinion on gender conformity, and your attitudes towards it. Do you conform to gender stereotypes? Is conforming to gender stereotypes a good or bad thing? Why?
- Do you have a tool collection? Are you good at DIY?
- Can you fix things? Such as doors, cars, washing machine, replace fuses, etc.
- Can you fight? Defend yourself/lady/family?
- Know your crankshaft from your gear shift? Navigate? Lead?
- Can you cook? Decorate?
- Look after babies?
- Multi task? Manage appointments?
- Whilst looking no less than a beauty queen?